Thursday, September 17, 2009

STUPID INJURIES!!!

Just now, while I was riding to go walk Dax, I shifted to the left to avoid an ambulance and my back tire hit a flattened plastic bottle at the exact same moment I braked. Long story short, this caused me to wipe out to the left, scraping my hand, bruising my hip, and crushing my left shoulder, AGAIN. It still hurts from my accident in July and I know this is going to make it worse. ARGH. I'm icing it now. Frustrating!

Yesterday (Weds), Andrea and I took a bike ride to the Botanical Gardens in Highland Park. We bussed to Devon and Milwaukee and then started the trail at mile 1. The ride was about 19 miles, then we had lunch at the gardens which was really beautiful. The ride back was faster than the ride there, or at least it felt that way. By the end of it I felt great. I had a hard time sleeping though, and could have used more ice and stretching.

On Tuesday, I worked all day at Carbon Day Festival and had a great time. I had a long talk with Shayna Gladstone's mom who is a life coach, about switching careers and made the decision to start looking for a full-time job in a career that isn't music. It feels good! I'm ready to move on. But anyway I was on my feet for 8 hours that day and needed a break.

On Monday, I ran 5 miles in just over an hour. That's pretty much a record for me! It was great!

That's about it for now... more tomorrow after my tempo run.

No comments:

Post a Comment